How Does Sick Day Guilt Affect You?

 So me and the baby are not very well AT ALL today.....but it had me thinking.....


The guilt I used to feel calling in sick at work used to cripple my anxiety....feeling that I'd let people down, they'd have to reshuffle everything because of me....


But I also used to be the one people called when they were poorly, apologising profusely that they were not well.....I hated it because listening to people I called friends, justifying why they couldn't come in was heartbreaking....where did that culture come from??! 


The practice of having to justify your health to anyone is LUDICROUS!! 


Speaking from bitter experience.. why do employers find it necessary to put you through the wringer when you are sick, and even reprimand you and put your job at risk because of you being poorly 🤷‍♀️


Nobody has the right in this life to question your health, let alone sanction you for it....so next time you are poorly enough to pick up the phone and call in sick, remember that YOUR health is quite frankly YOUR business.....and if you get reprimanded for it, so be it.

Leave. 

That's not your place.

If you handed in your notice they'd replace you without further thought, so they certainly have no right to question your health.

There are billions of jobs but you only get one health.....

Mrs F

#wellness #health #fitness #healthylifestyle #selfcare #love #motivation #lifestyle #yoga #beauty #mentalhealth #healthy #mindfulness #healing #selflove #nutrition #healthyliving #meditation #workout #skincare #wellbeing #gym #life #instagood #inspiration #fit #fitnessmotivation #relax #weightloss #sickday

Comments

  1. I dislike how this fear of taking time off to care for our health or recover adequately from an illness has crept into work culture. We should have very right to call off without the questions or having to share reasons. I hope this changes soon because it is a rather depressing aspect of life right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad how we have to justify our own health for the purposes of employment....I totally agree with everything you mentioned as it is just all so unnecessary ❤ x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts