Do You Use Christmas As A Diet- Excuse?

 Be honest...... Do you use Christmas as an excuse to eat like a dumper truck?

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING ELSE, MY HAND IS FIRMLY UP IN THE AIR!!

Now let me explain why I have asked.....



Christmas is a time of over-indulgence, just by its sheer nature, and I am one of those people who will get the odd box of chocs here, a tray of mince pies there......and before you know it, they are gone!
For years, as far back as I can remember, I've been a "One won't hurt" person, which has obviously got worse over time, especially when my head understands this as the theory to go by for weeks/months on end!
I'm not the only one who does this, but I am also very disciplined when it comes to losing the weight his mentality has enabled me to put on over the years.....I am the classic Yo-Yo-er and I don't think ill ever be any different, however......



My focus is fully on wellness and health as opposed to weight this year (how can it not be with such a disaster time we have had, right?) and if your body has everything it needs to function properly, it will do just that!
How many of you pay attention to the nutrients, or lack of, in your food? (How many of you actually care?!).
You see, modern-day diets do not support health and wellness, they support convenience and bare-sustenance, and this is something that I have fallen victim to over many years of being busy, being a mum, being lazy, etc etc....there's no point in telling me you haven't done the same!



This year, I vowed to be different....and while I am still busy and still a mum, I have dropped many of the reasons that stop me from being the best can be, not for me, but for my tiny people!
This is a bold move......but this year, my Christmas will not be about eating shit until I pop, it will be making sure that the things I do consume give me everything my body needs to get up with the babies really early and open their presents, to go for a long walk with them on boxing day without feeling like I need an iron lung.....and to make sure that I can repeat this for many more years until they are grown up.
This year, I'm choosing myself and I'm choosing nutrition.



Comments

Popular Posts